Re: [VAL] Re: alternative to shaved rivets? (follow up)

Hi again Chris:

Sure, a regular gun is good.  They usually come with a reversable head with
a large and small  hole to accomodate the shanks of  1/8" and 3/16" pop
rivets.  The larger hole will do an Olympic.  Since the Olympic is pretty
long you will have to take an extra pull or two, but that's about the only
difference.

Re: the Vulkem, sure why not.  Can't hurt.

But now that you mentioned that you have access to the back side, perhaps
another type of rivet might be to your advantage.  I'll send you a picture
of a pulled up Olympic and you can see that it is really a glorified "molly"
sort of thing.  Great if you don't have access to the back.  I suppose that
bucked rivets would be better if you do.  I don't have any experience with
those.

Perhaps someone can offer a suggestion for that.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA