[VAL] replacement A/C

I know this subject has been brought up before, but I didn't pay attention
as I didn't have a problem.  Well it is time to replace my old air
conditioner.  The fan motor locks up.  I know I could probably just get a
new motor, but I want to put a higher effeciency model in as I boondock
sometimes, but still want to run the air off generator(s).  I looked at a
Coleman yesterday and was told that there is no pan or drain.  It just goes
over the side of the trailer.  Not sure I like that arrangement.  Does
anyone make a pan setup for use with modern air conditioners?  I already
know I have to cut a larger hole.  Any experience in doing that?
BTW, please contact me off list if you are interested in an original '68 A/C
unit.  As I said, the fan motor freezes up, but the compressor works well
and it cools very well with the fan running.
TIA
Pete