Re: [VAL] Re: VAL emptying the black tank

Ruth ,
On my 63 , and I assume on your 61 , on the other end of the handle your
pulling on is a very nice bronze casting , which has a slide in it and a
rubber gasket which has most likely dried out and stuck to the slide . Does it
hold water ? Few do by now , and as near as I know , replacement gasket kits
are no longer available . There was aguy on the list who was going to
fabricate some , evidently was in the rubber biziness , but I havent heard any
more about it .
     I would think this would be a major topic of discussion here , because of
the way the drains for the sink come together under the slide in this bronze
casting - it is imposible to duplicate with any abs or pvc fittings I have
seen , without making a plumbers nightmare that hangs below the belly pan . I
am thinking the way for me to go is a holding tank for the kitchen  sink grey
water with aseperarate 1.5 inch slide valve . I like having all the waste
water come out of the same exit , but havent figured a way to make it work
with modern fittings . This is on of my next projects , as I am about to spray
new paint inside and lay new linoleum  , after that comes the holding tank .
    Anyone had success rebuilding th old bronze dump valve - or good Ideas
about plumbing design with modern fittings on early 60s models ? Those of you
with original valves - how do you keep them operational ? Mine leaked like a
peach basket .
   Chris Elliott 63 flying Cloud