Re: [VAL] Window/Screen Question

    Brian,

    I too need to replace the screen in my front window and  bought the tool
to roll the spline into the slot and it may be what you're looking for too.
I have in my hand the very tool I bought at Builders Emporium.  It's made by
the Phifer Wire Products company, called a Screen Installation Tool
Di-it-yourself.  It's in a blue and white package.  The part number shown
beneath the bar code reads:  047888098750.  I did go to their web site,
alas, only to find that they don't even list it but what I did find is an
instruction page for installing screen that shows their tool in use.  You
can see it at http://www.phifer.com/rescreen.htm.

    Here's hoping that this helps.  By the way, I bought the wrong size
spline when I got the new screen material and will be going out today to get
the right stuff.  It looks like the slot in the aluminum around my window is
smack-dab on 1/8", the exact the thickness of the wheels on the installation
tool.  One tool has a concave slot in it's circumference and the other is
convex.  The referenced instructions above explain it all.  I can't wait to
do it now, thanks.

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica CA