RE: [VAL]Renovated unit/storing

We are finishing our unit finally.  I posted photos at
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/642

I hope they are accessible to anyone who remembers all my questions and
tribulations. We redid everything...all systems and cabinets and I am
finishing the cushions and curtains now.

We won't even be able to use it much due to selling our house so quickly
and finding a 40' sailboat we like so it looks like now we will be
storing it. We have $8000 in just equipment to do this job and not
counting labor and sweat. I don't think I could get any significant
money back so I guess we will store it for about 5 years and try to use
it when we finish sailing.

I need advice on what I need to do to store it long term.  My sister can
check on it but I know I should do something to the systems besides put
antifreeze in the water system.  I suppose I should take out the
battery...it is new and maybe I can sell it to someone around No Fla or
south Ga.  I will be leaving it in Jacksonville Fla where my sister is
storing our other stuff but this A/S will probably be in an RV place
since I don't think I can get it into her backyard. I know this thing is
gonna mildew so I will remove the fabrics and store them elsewhere.

Please write me with any help at lexxy@comcast.net.  So many folks have
helped me along the way...I really appreciate this list. At least if we
keep it we won't be homeless when we return in about 5 years [if our
health holds out and we don't stay in Tahiti].

 If anyone knows of someone just dying for our trailer I would sell it
at a fair price...but I did get attached to it emotionally as I'm sure
you all understand. It still needs new wheels and an A/C but the new
circuit wiring is all there and ready...I just wasn't going to put more
into it to store it.  The range, vent fan, pump, converter, wiring,
outside hookup in the skin and 30amp cord, pex plumbing, floor, inside
walls and cabinets, toilet [Sealand],hardware, fans, 5 windows, all
window and door seals, high quality foam cushions, lined curtains are
all new.  The bath was removed and completely refinished. The koa wood
[from Maui] veneered table is removable from the floor also.

Lexxy in GA for now...soon to be the open sea!!!