[VAL] Odd Hinge happenings.

Okay,

Something very odd happened yesterday.  We pulled into a camp site after a
longish road trip to find the top door hinge off.  Only the middle section
of the hinge was off, the bit that holds the smaller screen door in place.
BUT, the hinge pin was still in place holding the upper and lower sections
of the door hinge in place and the actual shaft of the screen door hinge was
undamaged (my first thought was that it must be broken open).  We simply
pulled out the pin and put everthing back in place and all is working
perfectly now.

How on earth did this happen?  Could the pin really jump out and back in
again.  Any thoughts?

Ruth Warren & The Tin Can Clan
A bit further down I95