[VAL] Long Distance Travel Assistance

Hello All!
What a great forum for those of us needing advice!
I recently purchased a '64 A/S, Globetrotter and have taken it on short road
trips which I truly enjoyed.
Now, I am getting ready to move back to CA from TX and considering using the
A/S to transport all of my worldly possessions (you can imagine it's not that
much..as the trailer is not that big!!).
Can anyone tell me if this is an okay idea, or a bad one? I will be using my
truck, which is a '97 Chevy with a 6000lb towing capacity, so I'm not worried
about the truck. I am more interested in the Airstream's roadworthiness, and
what I can do to safegaurd it and it's contents while I'm travelling through
country that will have many more grades than Texas.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!
diana