Re: [VAL] Ken re:solid rivets vs Olympic rivets

hey Ken ,and all ,
   Dont fear the old buck rivets . one of the most enjoyable tasks on my
flying cloud restoration has been learning io rivet .Bought a used cleco
pnuematic e 3 gun , bucking bar and hammer tip things for < 100 bucks I
forget what and practiced some , made the tails look like  the old ones . Its
easy and a nice tool and the strongest , plus you dont have to shave em  or
spend on a shaver .
There are ,or were at the time several guys with airplane experience who wrote
off line and helped . Then I just did it . got rivets at aircraft spruce I
think. ,Dont get hung up on hardness grades etc , just get the regular ones
and a variety of lengths . You arent flyin it to the moon ,so they dont have
to be stored on ice etc. cheap .fast fun . gotta have them around the door
inside if you take inside down .not hard to drill out pop rivets inside to
access repair area .
   I love buck rivets , and thanks guys for the help .
Chris Elliott 63 cloud  sorry about the bad grammer , I am writing from
a hospital bed !gonna be ok tho