[VAL] RE: 1956 Caravenner Skin Care

Hi Tom:

The interior sealant on my trailer is the sprayed on type described by
Roger, it's very clear that it was a separate application applied by
sprayer.  It's black and quite brittle.  I can see where water has entered
the trailer because there are obvious areas of aluminum oxide corrosion
associated with most of the roof seams, under the windows, inside the screws
holding the awning rail, below the marker lights, etc. etc.  While I plan to
do my very best sealing the seams from the outside, it only makes sense to
me to seal them from the inside as well to make my trailer as tight as
possible.

I am using the aluminum cleaner and brass brush on the recommendation of a
colleague of mine who is responsible for the care of all of the cars,
airplanes, trains etc at a major museum.  Preservation of metal is what he
does for a living, and I have a high opinion of his expertise.

Deborah
1955 Bubble