Re: [VAL] Sealing seams internally

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately, my '74 Argosy had a liberal amount of interior sealant
applied to electrical wires to the marker lights and the tail light
assemblies.  What happens is that the wires can no longer be pulled to
service the fixtures.  Other times, the short wires pull from the
connectors.  A real mess.  My choice would be for the builder to try
something different, like marker lights that would be sealed from the
outside so they could be serviced by future restorers.

I had to remove the shower panel and use a rotozip to cut an opening in the
inner skin to reach the tail/stop light wires.  The goo held one end of the
connector and it pulled loose when I tried to service the lights.  Just a
word of advice that will ease future service of marker lights, etc.  Marker
lights will always need to be serviced!

                                                     '69 Safari, Joy