[VAL] RE: lots of old pictures here

Airstream has been thinking about getting involved with an Airstream
model made in Europe to capture the European Caravan market for some
time.  Anthony Slocock from Great Britain has been involved to some
degree, using a 1948 Liner as a test bed.  The width, weight, LPG,
electrical, brake requirements and consumer sophistication will result
in a much different trailer than the modern US versions.

I really don't have much heartburn over older Airstreams being shipped
overseas, as after the expense and trouble involved and the strict EU
road requirements, each one is made to operate and shine like new. I've
received pictures back of some pretty sad ladies rebuilt to very proud
carriages. Plus, the PR ain't bad, and it is very interesting that they
find such American iconism fascinating.

Later,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com