[VAL] Phone connector basics?

As part of reworking our '73 Safari I want to install telephone wiring,
and it should include an interface on the exterior skin in order to
connect to whatever is provided by RV parks. Having never yet used a
site that provided phone service my question is: what kind of
connection (plug or socket) do parks typically supply and what should I
install to connect to them?  A bit of searching turns up the fact that
there are "RV telephone inlet" receptacles that look rather like
standard 120v. plugs and sockets. (But with a third pin/hole, round,
dead center.) These are quite different from the garden-variety modular
phone plugs/jacks that I had expected. So: would you install:

	Standard modular (and: male or female?), or

	"RV" style (and: male or female?), or

	both?

If the answer involves one of the "RV" fittings--either on the trailer
or at the park's pedestal--then what kind of adapter (again including
the gender issue) is standard?\

TIA,

Rob