Re: [VAL] 72 Globetrotter

I ordered my first and second rock guard from inland rv.  Now the
rest of the story.  First one was shipped by airborne, Don't know how
but they put a Ninthy degree bend in it on the right end.  Second
also was shipped by airborne.  Changed ends put ninty  in the left
end.  Both were insured.  However, I had to keep the boxes and they
said that it would take 30 to 45 days before they would be able to
get an insurance inspecter out to look at the damage.  I was out over
$900.00 and still no rock guard.  Airstream said that the corner
windows in my 69 caravel were priced at $700.00 each and they are
special order.  So My WIFE  would not let me take it out until I got
a new rock guard.  After several calls to Airstream and Inland I was
able to make a deal with Airstream in Ohio to pick up a rock guard at
the factory.  I believe the rock guard on my caravel will fit your
globetrotter.  Check it out on inland's web site.  Its about $450.00
including shipping and  insurance.  However if you are close to the
factory, I would suggest picking it up.  Inland has an agreement with
the factory to sell the rock guard for the older airstreams.  Beg,
Beg. Beg to let you pick it up.  Do not let Airborne ship it.  I got
most of my money back except I paid them about $100.00 for insurance
that was not recovered.  Easy to install. Just take your time. It
helps to have a helper to hold during installation.
Dan
14148