[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #179 - Add batteries?

8 gage wire is fine. These are not starting batteries. For that matter modern
cars, even my van with 350 engine, have only 6 gage wires from the battery to
the starter.

Rear mount batteries would be wired directly to the converter-charger, not
straight to the front batteries. The rear batteries would be wired in
parallel with the fronts, at the converter.
For the electric blankets, if they are 120V you will have to have an inverter.
 Why not use 12V bed warmers? Solar electric suppliers carry them. I suggest
turning them off before going to sleep. Just use them to warm the bed up.
Al