[VAL] Re: VAL 2004 International

John & Cindy,

I will try to answer your questions. I have been to the last five
Internationals, so I kinda know the ropes.

> 1.    When the VAC caravans to the rally, can I join the caravan, if so,
> where, when & cost? It seems like a fun thing to be part of the group.

Are you talking about the week long caravan before the rally, or the parade
into International? As far as I know there is no info out on either yet.
Look for it on the website, the VA and possibly on this list.
The rendevious to parade into International is usually at a parking lot,
then we leave the next morning or early afternoon to parade into the
International parking site. Quite fun. Quite a site. No cost for this with
the possible exception of a small parking fee collected on site.
> 3.    Will the VAC park together on site or at the "alternate parking"
site?

Yes, yet to be announced.
> You polished trailer owners can use our dull &  rust streaked trailer as a
> "not yet restored" example. The only thing that shines on our trailer is a
new
> gas regulator & new steel rims.

No problem! We welcome Airstreams and their owners in all conditions! A
couple of years ago someone showed up with a mid 50's 26 foot shell ! It
didn't even have a complete floor!!!
> 4.    Will I get blocked in or will I be able to leave early? I work full
time
> & can't stay for an entire week. Cindy won't be joining me since she can't
get
> any time off in July.

You will not be blocked in.
> 5.    I haven't decided on weather to attend the beginning half with the
> caravan or the ending half of the rally. Any comments on which would be
better
> for a "first timer"?

A tough call---I would have to go with the Wagon Wheels Caravan if I only
was able to go to one.
> 6.     If I decide to arrive during the last half of the rally, Can I
register
> & pay at the gate instead of registering & sending money now?

Yes, but I don't know if or how much of a break on the price you will get.
If you are just going to be there for the day there will be no charge...just
don't try to attend the night's entertainment as they do check for your
registration ribbons.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander