Re: [VAL] Airstream Diagrams

Steve ,
  To my knowledge , there isnt any wiring diagram for a 63 tradewind or any
other models of that era . Which is too bad .. I had an chance to draw one
but didnt , thats even worse ! I did make some notes and marked the wires
as I replaced them .
   When I took the inner skin out of my 63 flying cloud , this is more or
less how it was . the 110 comes in behind the streetside wheel . from there
it goes to a fuse box under the bathroom sink . from that there are two
wires ,one goes to a junction box in the closet , and from there to the
overhead light , inside that is another junction which heads of to the
furnace and the curbside fixtures  . The other wire goes from the fusebox
and runs the streetside stuff .If I recall correctly , they might cross
over the roof and run the front lights on the opposite side for some
unknown reason .My trailer isnt here and its all covered up again now . I
wish I had had an electrician put in more circuits now , but I just
carefully replaced the old wire with new and left it as it was done factory
. There is an awfull lot of outlets per circuit , but I guess they had it
engineered and I dont use many power hungry appliances ,at least not all at
once . I do most of my camping in state parks or the north woods here so I
use my solar powered 12 volts more anyway .
   the twelve volts start at the battery go to the streetside front light
add branch out from there to the compresser  (Or pump) , the other front
light ,and to the rear light . from there it goes to the bath  , furnace
and kitchen light ,
   I hope this helps , it is somewhat simplified and maybe not totally
correct as my memory isnt that good .
   When I got the trailer , the ac worked but the dc didnt . The dc had a
place where a grommet had slipped out from an oversized hole in a bulkhead
(factory) and had chaffed and shorted enough to burn the wire completely
off .
  The ac which worked had several places where rodents had chewed the
insulation bare , behide the inner skin . Miraculously it never caught fire
.
   So if your power is sketchy , it may be more than meets the eye , and
may be quite a job to repair and diagnose . Get yourself a voltmeter and
check it out . I will sleep better with my new wires but it is no small job
getting to them !
Chris
63 'cloud