Re: [VAL] best tires for '71 Safari

Hi Steve,

Is  your unit a single axle or tandem?  If it is tandem, I might have tires
that you could use.  Of course, a single axle requires a much heavier tire.
I have a Safari '69 single axle 23' and an Argosy '74 tandem axle 22'

Too bad you are so far away as I have 4 Carlisle 700-15 that turned out to
be too large (29 inch diameter) for my '74 Argosy.  Had to go with the
Goodyear 225s (28 inch diameter).  After installing the Carlisle's on the
rims, I had to have them taken off.  Once on the rims, there isn't any
possibility of exchange.  So, they sit on a shelf in my garage.

If you are interested, I can provide you with exact specification for the
Carlisle's.  They are bias 6 ply rated for trailer use, not radials.  Some
like radials, some don't.  I was going back to what was available when the
trailer was manufactured.
These were on/off the rims, never rolled on the road.  Date of manufacture
is now about one year ago as I got them as fresh as possible.  Maybe $20
each?  Most likely shipped UPS from 24589.

Regards,

                                                     '69 Safari, Joy