Re: [VAL] WBCCI Survey

I find all of this conversation interesting on many
levels.  I can say with some certainty that I'm
younger (in physical years) than more than a majority
of not only the WBCCI membership, but the VAC
membership too.

Fortunately, the patience I have has been allocated to
the moderation of this list (since I was the
ripe-old-age of 26) and the age old idea that
eventually I (and others in my generation) will
inherit the club from all of you.  I don't travel with
my trailer yet, but it hasn't stopped me from changing
the club in whatever small way that I have, and at a
minimum - helping the people who run it now make it
something I'll like even more when I'm an old-timer.

I'll tell you this - I hope I'm still kicking it like
Bud Cooper when I'm his age, and I'll tell you what -
I hope there's people like me (and the rest that get
involved) *evolving* the club to meet their needs 50
or so years from now (which is when I'll be Bud
Cooper's age.)

Think about this, There is someone out there that will
eventually be the President of the United States, an
Astronaut, an Accountant, a convenience store cashier
and on and on - making a travel club enjoyable seems
to be a whole lot less effort in the grand scheme.  IF
there are only 5 of us in 50 years, after "all the
work" of sending in the WBCCI surveys, I'll be
organizing a rally for all 5 of us - wherever we want
it to be.  I'll bring my "Capetown to Cairo" book and
we'll talk about our Airstreaming ancestors and the
ones who made it easier for us to be hanging out by
the campfire (which, of course will be legal because
we made it so.)

Toby Folwick
WBCCI #2029 VAC WDCU
(Former Region 7)