[VAL] Re:Vinyl tiles

Hello!
I spent much of today and some of last week slowly installing the Armstrong
"Parque" style self adhesive vinyl tiles I bought at Home depot. Has anyone
used these tiles? I finally wised up and Bonnie's hair dryer out to warm the old
tiles up so I could remove them. Some came off easily and others seemed welded
to the floor. I used wd-40 to clean up my hands after this effort. It works
but leaves your hands smelling like the wd-40! I put the tiles under where the
new propane hot water heater will go. Nothing in the hot water heater
instructions cautions against that.
I will use white pvc plastic for the plumbing unless someone says that was
not the way to go. I bought some vinyl"base" to replace a small strip that went
around the curve of the tub and then mitered to the right and went under the
toilet. I experimented with the hair dryer tonite to practice making the
mitered 90* bend. It's not going to be easily done. The adhesive on the back gets
all over your hands even though the paper is still on. Thanks, Stuart Resor,
Cardiff Ca.