[VAL] trailer repairs

Patricia and others,

Just wanted to update you on my '60 Overlander's repairs.

I ended up taking it to Ace Fogdall in Iowa. My other choice was Jackson
Center. The choice was based upon three things, Ace Fogdall's prices were
quite a bit less than Jackson Center, I have 2 friends that both highly
recommended them, and my best friend lives within an hour of the place.

Anyways, I got it back a couple of weeks ago. This is what they did.

+Fix the frame/body seperation - very nice appearance I may add - not as large
of skin "elephant ear" patches that the factory uses.
+replace rear section of the belly pan
+install gray tank
+replumb black tank venting
+fix small leak in black tank
+install new Sealant toilet with sprayer
+replumb black tank drain
+installed an axle spacer (had the axle flipped last spring and whenever the
tire flexed it rubbed against the shock stud!)

All this work was done for what I believe to be a very reasonable price. I
have yet to use it to check out their handiwork, but it appears to have been
well done and worthy of a vintage airstream!

Scott