RE: [VAL] Stuff on the bottom of the bathtub

I just had my tub in my house painted from one of the resurfacers.  Not
worth the time and cost.  All they used was a 2 part epoxy paint and did
little to stop dust etc. from falling on the tub.  The result was a semi
gloss tub with a lot of "stuff" in the paint.  They guarentee it not to
crack or peel for 10 years, but you're not allowed to use much of anything
to clean it or it will void the warranty.  They even say not to leave soap
on the tub.  It was very soft for a couple of weeks, much longer than the 36
hour drying period they recommended.  It is getting harder now, but gathers
water spots, surface marks etc., rather easily.  Don't know if all the
companies are the same, but it sure didn't come out like the tubs they
advertise at the home shows or in their pictures.  Save some money and do it
yourself.  You can control the environment better and get the finish you
want.  Its all in the prep work.

As far as the expanding foam, it works great, but you will have to do
something to hold the tub in place.  As the foam expands it is very powerful
and has the potential to lift the light tub rather than just fill the void
between the tub and the floor.
Pete