[VAL] Re: a progress report

Hello!
The blackwater tank is back in the original underside compartment with some
minor alterations to allign the waste intake directly under the new toilet. If
you look down the opened toilet valve in the open mode...you can see straight
down to the tank. Home depot was a big help in getting all the plumbing peices
needed to almost totally replace the original drain lines. I'll get to the
hot and cold lines later. I was able to fill in all the gaps and holes and
recover the floor with some self adhesive backed vinyl tiles in a parque pattern.
It was quite easy to carefully cut each tile and over several hours...one by
one...the tiles went down on the cleaned original plywood floor. Looking into
the rear compartment is now as clean as a kitchen counter.
I'm still uncertain about where to mount the water pump. I'm inclined to
mount it in the front of the rig perhaps behind the oven. Will that get too hot if
someone is using the oven? Is anyone out there removing the cabinets on a
'60's unit? We need some of the thumb latches unique to the '60 thru '65 cabinet
doors. Thanks Stuart.