Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #141 - Composite/honeycomb flooring?

If I were going to replace the floor in my trailer and wanted it to be light
as well as strong i would make a compost floor using either end grain balsa or
klegecell with a couple of layers of 10oz cloth on either side using epoxy as
a bonding agent it would be some what heaver than the honeycomb but a lot
more serversable. we used to core our better boats this way we had no problems
with the material compressing when installing hardware on the decks. This method
is not cheep but when you are talking about aluminum honeycomb I doubt than
many of you have the slightest idea what kind of money you are talking about.
I sometimes wonder about this fixation about weight These are travel trailers
mostly pulled by over powered  trucks not ultra light aircraft
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross) which is way overweight
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel