[VAL] Re: "Alligator Clip" Grounding Strap / Trailer Frame Grounding

Regards to the "Alligator Clip" grounding setup:
So if I carry along one side of an old set of cheap 10foot approx. battery
jumper cables and I hook one end to the parks pedestal or parks water spigot
(metal all way to earth). Where exactly do I hook the other end on my trailer?
How bout the BAL-stabilizer Actuating-Bolt Head? Or should I drop a large
gauge wire out of my panel-box with some kind of end on it (underneath
trailer) to connect one end of alligator clip to?
Which brings up another question..where does the ground wire from the panel
usually connect to the trailer frame and by what type of connection?
 I have some 20ft. good cables but the two cables are molded together for
much of the length and besides I wouldn't want to leave them out for the
taking.

Other than tripping over the connection is there ANY downside to doing this?
Do I understand this right..? If the pedestal and the Trailer Park are wired
correctly this "Alligator Strap" has no purpose and does nothing under any
occurance..??? But if pedestal or beyond (toward source) in park is miswired
then you have successfully grounded your trailer...???

Sounds good (and easy) to me but I wonder why I have never seen this done in
any park that I have paid any attention to. What about the previous statement
by Dr.G.J.(I think) that a ground rod must be at least (3 or so feet)a
certain depth into the earth and diameter of rod must be fairly hefty (cant
remember exact dimension).

Assuming bad wiring at your pedestal and now you have 120v returning to  park
water pipe, and assuming all park is piped with underground steel, wouldn't
the guy who comes along and hooks up at the pedestal next to your pad be in
for a "surprise jolt" when he connected his water line? Or at any other pad
in the park for that matter...???

Al you certainly seem to speak from a position of authority and expertise. As
does Dr.GJ. I look forward to all your posts.  With all due respect, might I
inquire of your electrical background?
After all electricity should be a bit more serious to us laymen than what
kind of pookey to patch a leak with.

Thanks as always
++HeX++