[VAL] Removing batteries

Hi Tom,

I use a simple web belt with a slide buckle. I wrap the belt around the
battery horizontally, cinch it tight and that's it. When I access either
battery, I pull on its belt and simultaneously use my finger tips to lift
the battery up so it'll slip over the lip.

This is a simple solution. The belt costs about $1 at any Salvation Army or
Army Navy Store (or free if it's still in your seabag).

Sorry about the delay in replying. I haven't picked up email in a week. We
left New Orleans on January 16th with overnights at NPS CG in Ocean Springs,
Mississippi, the Elks Lodge CG in Tallahassee, FL and Walt's RV in Ocala,
FL.  Walt's RV is always a fun stop with competent service. When we left his
place, he was putting in a concrete pad next to his shop.  Smart move.

Yesterday (01/21/04), we were at Phipps County Park in Stuart, Florida when
thirty five Airstreams (Florida Caravan) rolled in for two nights (no
hookups but water and dump station available).  Everyone we spoke to was
enthusiastic about the caravan and their recent cruise experience.

This afternoon, we found another Mom & Pop Mobile Home Park in the Stuart
area. Lo and behold, they had an empty lot with full hookups. A little chit
chat with the owners and voila` we're settled in for awhile. I love it when
we stumble onto a new place that's not in any directory, especially after
being repeatedly told "you'll never find a place to park your Airstream in
South Florida without a reservation this time of year."

Serendipity is alive and well,

Terry