Re: [VAL] Dexter Axle

Hi Dr. G. J.,

Don't know about Dexter Axle maintaining specifications, but they kept my
file for over a year and it was simple to make the order.  Only changed the
down angle from 22.5 to 45 degrees as you suggested.  Would have liked the
parking brake feature, but would have to settle for a 32 degree down angle.
The brake arm interferes with other features of the 45 degree down angle.
Possibly, as I gain more experience with the down angle I ordered, I might
go with the 32 degree and the parking brake.  I'm sure I'll only have to
drill one mounting hole to place the axle in an identical location with the
stock Henchen.  I doubt that an inch in either direction would be
catastrophic regarding weight distribution and handling.

Certainly, the larger brake drum, oval pad, and new torsion suspension will
improve the handling of my Safari.  Only thing is, that I don't like a
single axle trailer! :(

I did get the stock shock mounting tab with the axle and will have to figure
out a way to mount a shock absorber.  Something about high frequency
vibrations that destroy the integrity of the Airstream structure?

More later,

                                                      Regards, '69 Safari,
Joy