[VAL] Thanks Fred/acdc

Thanks Fred,
I remember seeing 'Managing Twelve Volts' listed for sale somewhere
recently and will look again and pick up a copy. I think I may have to
read it many more times then that to have it sink in and relating to the
best application for my needs. I have not actually used the trailer in
the real world as of yet, but my fantasized vision of it's capabilities
include the ability of the Safari to be able to boondock anywhere and
everywhere and of course plug in at the campground for that occasional
vintage get together.. This is one of the things that confuses me though
about converting from 120 volts to 12 volts. Is it that the furnace and
roof vent fan and the water pump can only run on 12 volts or do they
always rely on the battery? Do they have to be rewired to the converter?
On the inverter side, this sounds like the battery power is now
"increased" to 120 volts to run household type appliances like tv's (for
bad news) and blenders (for margaritas). This sounds interesting as long
as the battery is strong enough. I suppose the final back up would be a
small generator. I did try to understand to differences in converters
and inverters by reading the descriptions of the products on different
rv supply catalogs and web sites. No comprenday. I am sure with the help
of this book and the fact that it is the next item on the list to tackle
I will start to get a clearer picture. Thanks for the lead.
Gary Campbell
62' Safari
Portland, Maine