Re: [VAL] RE: VAL tire skids

I realy delieve you are correct about the old duratorque axels I think that
after 38 years the rubber in my axels has hardened to a solid mass.I can jack
up the trailer and nothing seems to move both wheels come up togeather. the
angle of the arms stay almost horazonal with the frame.
I have looked both at Dexter and South West wheel"s axels and lately I have
been toying with fabercating air lift springing some what patterned after the
Featherride trailer air suspention If I can locate air springs with about a 6in
travel and using an axel with about a 41/2in drop. I think the possabilities
are endless such as adjusting the air for ride hight, increasing or decreasing
the air on one side to level the trailer when camping, and lowering thethe
trailer when camped so us old timers can inter more easily.
Might make up a wooden mock up of my ida and take to an oldtime craftsman to
see if it has merit.The trailer is not going any where for some time if eaver
so I can play with it.
My built in LCD TV and DVD player is going Quite well.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Albatross)