Re: [VAL] RE: VAL tire skids

       I guess its learn with age,and possibly by dumb luck.
    By the grace of God I didnt hurt myself or anybody near me,with a trailer that I had towed
from Pa to TN and all over for Three years and was maintained pretty well inluding bearings
and brakes YEARLY.
     I hadnt read RJ Dial,s accident report (tnx RJ) So I knew nothing about possible metal
fatigue at the time mine failed Had my skid plates or tire skids held, damage would have been
minimal and more importantly I would not have endangered my fellow travelers .
     I SIMPLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD BALK AT SOME MINOR PROPERLY INSTALLED ITEM
THAT COULD SAVE EQUIPMENT AND POSSIBLY LIFE OR LIMB.
     We cannot expect the factory think of everything for us nor can we allow safety to be
secondary we are part of a great hobby or way of life but its up to us to keep it as safe as
possible. We use these trailers every day and that by the way is what makes this list so great
The shareing of our happenings and upgrades and "near misses".
  No Im not a preacher!!!! No offense
                I was towing a 65 Caravel through Mass. when the right axle failed when i
caught it it came down hard on left and broke it. oivay.
     Whats chances of the officer who comes to help you having a best friend whos into antique
trailers, whos best friend is the owner mgr of the nearest camper sales near you, Who knows
all about duratorques and dexters.
     And you wonder why I say Im blessed!!!
                                  Happy New Years to you all,
                                  Pete, 68 TW,WBCCI,VAC
                         Here on Earth God's work must be our own (JFK 1961)