[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #107 - zinc coating

Sure, hot dip is thicker, so...it adds more weight, and changes the
dimensions of the mating surfaces to some degree. I don't think most of
us are trying to make our trailers last 200 years anyway.
Another thing the company here warned me about is that hot-dipping warps
the parts, so if you do not want to or cannot straighten your frame after
hot-dipping it, don't have it hot-dipped.
The zinc is sacrificial only where the coating, electro or dip, has been
broken, like scratched. If the steel is not exposed the zinc stays put in
any environment you are likely to have your trailer in.
Al