Re: [VAL] RE:Vintage Advantage

    All,

    There are several retrofits I'm preparing to do to our new-to-us 1969
Caravel.  Two of them are on the exterior.  I've located a Zip Dee from a
1969 Airstream and have spoken to the good folks at that company who
indicate that I can cut down that one that's too long and fit it to mine, so
that's all under control to this point.

    The question I have for the list deals with fitting a Coleman Air
Conditioner from a 1969 Airstream to my Caravel.  I just read this morning
in the Vintage Airstream Club notes that the drip pan was fitted to 1969's
as well as the wiring already being in place.  How does one determine where
to cut into the roof so as to hit inside the pan and get the unit where it
would have been placed at the factory?

    Thanks,

    Glyn