[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #94 - Spare tires, bikes, etc. on the rear bumper?

Weight behind the axles of your trailer tends to cause or aggravate sway.
The more weight and the further behind the axles, the worse.
Our trailer has a large rear trunk in which the previous owner stored his
trailer dolly, which is a really heavy hunk of steel. Spare tire, jacks,
spare parts, etc., are also in the trunk, and our two bikes are on a rear
bumper carrier also. Not good but we get away with it. We have never had
any sway whatever even with no sway control (forgot to tighten it) but I
do put the dolly up front in the living room.