Re: [VAL] Bikes and Curtain glides

"To further debunk the idea that putting a bike rack on the back of an
Airstream is not accepted factory practice, here is a picture of a bike rack
from the 1979 Wally Byam Stores catalog (and also shown in the 1977
catalog). This is a clever rear bumper bike rack which swings out of the way
(and also down) to access the items stored in the bumper.  (I still can't
say if a bumper mounted bike rack is a good idea though.  Although most
bicycles usually do not weigh very much , they sure get filthy back there
when traveling even a short distance on a dirt road.)
http://globetrotter64.home.att.net/bike1.jpg "

That's exactly the rack that I have for my '75 Sovereign. It bolts to the
frame rails, and puts no weight on the shell or bumper at all.

Roger

Roger Hightower
WBCCI #4165,VAC
1975 31' Sovereign