[VAL] Re:Black water tank maintence.

Hello and thanks to all who offered their ideas and suggestions on the toilet
paper question. Yesterday we picked up our original blackwater tank from
Sonrise RV. We determined to not attach the new nozzle device to the side of the
tank to assist in cleaning out the tank at times of maintence (dumping). Since
it would need to be attached to the front side of the tank where it's odd
shaped we felt we couldn't make a strong enough connection to last throught the
years. Also the accompaning clear fiberglass tubing looks kind of mickey mouse
and would be a hassle to repair later once the tank is all reinstalled, etc.
Sonrise did a great job of applying a big fiberglass repair panel and once
that had cured they drilled a perfect hole for the new hard rubber flange. Randy
in their parts dept said that since our toilet and tank are directly lined up
it should be an easy matter to see in there and add water when needed or jet
spray it from above at times of maintence. We have some experience maintaining
our porta-pottie at our "Ranch" and the right amount of water and chemical
helps. Those chemicals may not be the greatest for the environment...are they?
We are about to reinstall the tank and then replace all the plumbing cut away
in the project. Escondido Metals provided several pieces of 16 ga. aluminum
precut to the exact sizes we'll need to re-cover the portion of the belly pan
cut away earlier. Will the tank get jostled out of place badly by unexpected
bumps? We expect to wedge it in real tight with shims etc. How critical is some
insulation there? The original tank had a thin layer under it. Thanks again
Stuart and Bonnie.