Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #87 Towing TT with U-Haul

    Al and all,

>>snip I towed a '52 Spartanette (7800# listed weight) with a midsize U-Haul
a few years ago.

    Some have mentioned 2 5/16" as the ball size on their Airstreams.  Is
that a standard throughout the fleet?  The latest problem is that all U-Haul
trucks have only 2" balls welded on and no additional mounting hole for a
larger one.

    A few recent posts spoke of using a U-Haul to tow their Airstream and I
wonder how they did that.  Are there shims used for smaller balls or are the
shorter Airstreams fitted to accept 2" balls?

    By the way, I have a call in to the Sacramento Transporters but I can't
get the guy to call me back after the initial conversation around 1 PM where
he said he'd call in 15 minutes.  Grrrr!

    Panicked in Santa Monica (Glyn)