Re: [VAL] Re: Toilet flange and the black water tank

<snip> Did you know that a
> portion of the heat duct work (Ours is a '65 Airstream) extends back into the
> black water tank compartment?! I was very suprised to see that! I guess it's
> supposed to heat the sewage and keep it from freezing, right?

That's exactly why it's there.

That detail may have
> been the conduit for vermine and odors to get in. We will cap it off.

I'd sure hate to bet that the trailer will never again go where it's
cold outside.  If you have mousies in your housie I doubt the heater
ducts are their entry route unless the ductwork is no longer intact.
I'll bet you would be happier in the long run if you just got the
original heat system up to snuff.  As far as the odors are concerned, is
the vent pipe clear?  The leaking flange is also a pretty good bet, and
you are fixing that.

Matt