RE: [VAL] New from factory or new to you

Hello Rich,
I have two OLD Airstreams, 68 and 59, the 68 is finished and the 59 is
on its way. I have enjoyed reworking both coaches, the 68 just needed
all the systems updated (fridge, water heater, AC, vents, tires, brakes,
fresh water tank etc) and the 59 is a gutted job. I have written out a
list of what you can expect to find with a use unit, if you contact me
off list I will send you these words of wisdom?! The bottom line is if
you go used get ready to replace parts, spend some $$ and expect to
donate some blood along the way. Like I said I have enjoyed my journey
but it would take some talking to get me to do it again. We have talked
of owning a new CCD and to be honest that will be the next coach that
joins the fleet. Each his own on the financial side, I'll never get out
of what I have in the two trailers and depreciation on a new one won't
be recovered for many years. Most important, it's a HOBBY, cost don't
count and investments are for Wall Street types
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign
59 Traveler