RE: [VAL] 1956 Caravanner

There are many old layouts in the 1950's Brochures in the VAC Online
Library"
http://airstream.org./members/documents/
(under Flyers, Correspondence and Catalogs)  For some reason Airstream
didn't use many dinette layouts, so if you want one, you have to
improvise.

> Q:  New Grey, Black & Fresh Water tanks:  Any recommendations
> on where to get
> new tanks, as well as what specifications (as far a weight)
> is recommended for this
> light frame?  We were thinking of putting the blackwater tank
> on the floor (like
> our76) and putting the grey and fresh water below (near the axle).

Lots of info in the List Archives on this subject. Only note I'd make
here is that if you put the gray water over the axle (good idea), put
the fresh water above floor at the front of the trailer for tongue
weight and weight distribution.

> Q:  I will be stripping off the original and additional coat
> of paint from the interior
> skin.  Any recommendation of what to use to strip off the
> layers of paint?

Any paint stripper will work on the 2nd layer paint, but may not budge
the Zolatone.  Best bet is to leave it in place and use it as a base
coat to a new coat of Zolatone.

Best of luck,
RJ