[VAL] Buying an Airstream - slightly used

IMHO, Hunter hit the nail on the head with that comment.

When we bought our "slightly used" Airstream ('89 32') last year, it had
that new Airstream smell; everything worked perfectly (even the lights in
the control panel); it included optional equipment purchased by the original
owner when he factory ordered it; the price wasn't even 1/4th of what it
cost new and to this day, it has been a cream puff RV for us.

To top it off, the original owner kept a folder of receipts for all work
done both under factory warranty and during the years afterwards. From the
looks of it, he sold his Airstream within a year after he'd upgraded
everything and outfitted it with dozens of spare parts for caravanning.
Unexpected personal circumstances prompted him to sell it. By pure dumb
luck, we were at the right place at the right time, bought it and have been
enjoying the benefits ever since.

What this says to me is similar to what Hunter said. I would add only that
for anyone who has done their homework and is highly attentive to details,
the best deals are "slightly used" trailers.

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net