[VAL] Re: Non Univolt converter and Control panel "Power On" light

I recently replaced the Univolt in my '76 Tradewind.

It fit very nicely on the shelf behind the range (where the old Univolt was
mounted).  I made up some new cables to connect the Intellipower to the
Airsteam fuse panel by cutting in half a new battery cable (from Wal-Mart)
with eyelet terminals on each end.  I also re-routed some of the wires and
the wiring harness for a neater installation, and to minimize interference
with the water pump.

If anyone is interested, I will post photos of the installation.

The only problem (which has been mentioned in the past, with no solution) is
that there is no activation of the "converter power on" light on the central
control panel when the Univolt activated (when pluged into shore power).

However, my son and I are working on this problem and will have a fix in a
few weeks, at which time I will post the details, for those purists who want
the system to work 100 percent.

The new converter is very quiet.  The only sound is from the muffin fan
which only goes on only when the converter is under heavy load and heats up.
Most of the time the fan is not running and the unit is completely silent
(as opposed to the constant 60 HZ buzz of the Univolt)

Oliver Filippi