Re: [VAL] tailight wire question

on my 63 , there are 4 wires going back from the access in front . the factory
had a cute way of labeling them ,by tieing knots in them , no knot ,1,2,3 ,
knots in each since they are all red . I have three hooked up and have all the
functions brake lights ,turns running lights etc. Whats the fourth one for? or
is something hooked up wrong in my truck (works fine on other trailer .)
Also , when perusing the champion trailers excellent tech info , I noticed they
claim the electric brakes should have the ground direct to truck ,without being
grounded to trailer ,which is different than I have done in past , I always
grounded to white wire in access area , and added an extra for good measure .
Why wouldnt it be grounded to trailer ?
Also how many amps is the circuit breaker for the brakes ,mines to rusty to
tell ...
Chris 63 flying cloud , making progress