[VAL] Introduction

Good Morning All:

I have been a subscriber to the VAL list for about a month. My Partner Paul
and I have a 2003 CCD International and have recently purchased, what was
described as a 1959 Airstream beach camper, it was used to sell snowboards
out of also. It was gutted. Nothing original remains with the exception  of
the metal kitchen cabinet. It has a very good exterior, no major dents, but
is truly in the need of a make over.

With the help of a friend and Vintage Airstream Trailer owner himself,
(thanks Kris and Dick), a website, some photos, and a serial number we
determined what we purchased was a 1957 Flying Cloud built in California.

Until recently Irene (2003 CCD International) and Flying Cloud ( waiting for
a better name) have been sitting side by side in our driveway. You can see a
picture of the two of them by going to
http://airstream.com/company/history.html
And click on the randomizer button until Irene and Flying Cloud appear.

Now with Irene in winter storage Flying Cloud is awaiting the promised make
over.

The list is great, I am amazed by what I learned already without asking a
question. Thanks to the wonderful people who put this together and everyone
who helps answer questions. Awesome job. And now on with the work.

Thanks

Kurt
Paul
2003 CCD International