Re: [VAL] rebuilding a classic

I am the friend who continued the restoration of the ' 68 Tradewind that
Charles had begun when I acquired it from him. As Charles said, I didn't
consider the cost as even a consideration in redoing the trailer and I have
never totaled up all the receipts for the expenses I incurred in the
project. I still have the receipts as a part of the history of this
Airstream and maybe one day I will add them up. Short of that, I would SWAG
the cost of repairs I did to be in the neighborhood of $7,000. That does not
include the cost of the earlier work Charles had done. When I relocated the
trailer to Atlanta and applied for registration plates with the motor
vehicle department, the plate I was issued was 7000 DC. Since we are members
of the Washington, DC unit of WBCCI, I thought that was an appropriate tag
for me.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind