RE: [VAL] Command Center was Switch by door

FWIW,

On my 68 Caravel there is no "command center" as described in some of
the recent posts.  It seems to me to be very much a base model with few
of the bells and whistles some folks describe for their same year and
model trailer.  I previously owned a 69 Overlander which did have the
command center, this in the front overhead cabinet.  My Overlander was
an "International" model, and from the recent discussion, it seems
likely to me that the command center is something that was an upgrade
option on the "Land Yacht" trim models, but standard equipment on the
International.  Also, my Caravel is a California-made coach.  If I'm not
mistaken, the Santa Fe Springs plant was closed soon after 1968, so
coaches rolling out of there in 1968 may have been low-end, close-out
models.

Wild speculation, but hey, I'm good at that.

Steve Boyd
Riverside, CA
68 Caravel