[VAL] Switch by door

Hey from Memphis,

I just want to thank everyone for all of the help with the back end
dragging.  My suspension is shot and I will be installing new.

My question for today is the switch by the door.  I have researched
http://www.tompatterson.com and figured out that the switch just inside the
front door of my 69 Sovereign should operate the center light.  The power is
on to the light at all times (even if the switch is off).  The wire to and
from the switch appears to be a smaller black wire.  On the lights that I
have taken down to work on it seems that there is larger white and red
wires.  Is this switch supposed to operate through the information center?

Bill