RE: [VAL] What is tube for?

Thanks to all,

Several of you have replied to mention battery gasses inside the coach.
The compartment that the battery sits in is formed by the structure of
the single bed above the battery.  It's not close to sealed.  It appears
that A/S used the tube to vent the battery from a nipple on the battery
or a sealed battery box.  New batteries don't have nipples, there is no
battery box, and the tube is plugged with dirt.  Maybe this results in
hazard that I, and others, was not aware of.  I plan to look into this
further.

Moving the battery to the tongue is possible, but requires significant
routing of wires.  It puts more weight on the hitch, but takes weight
off the side of the frame -- interesting tradeoffs.

Thanks for all the replies.

Best Regards,
   Jim

   jcchome@frii.com