[VAL] Townsend Toilet - '66 Caravel

Hello all,

  I have some questions regarding the Townsend toilet in my Caravel.   I have
been successful removing the bowl from the pedestal, but the pedestal is still
attached to the floor.

Problem #1 - The flange bolt in the front of the pedestal and under the foot
pedal has been cut off just above the nut to allow full operation of the foot
pedal.  How in the world can I get this nut off?  Does the flange have
"keyhole" type openings that would allow me to twist the pedestal and release
that bolt?  Once I finally get it out, is there a better bolt I can use that
will allow full movement of the pedal?

Problem #2 - One of the four bolts holding the bowl on the pedestal was rusted
badly.  I was lucky to get three nuts removed, but the rusted bolt snapped
off.  Can these bolts be removed from and replaced in the pedestal?  What
material is the pedestal made of?  Can it be drilled?  Has anyone dealt with
this problem?  What did you do?

Thanks to everyone in advance!  And thank you RJ for your furnace advice.  I'm
still fighting with it (and the furnace is still winning), but at least I know
there's hope.

-Wally