Re: [VAL] Vintage Nameplate Color?

Fred, Brad and everyone else,
I just went out and checked two of my trailers of that vintage. My 57
Sovereign of the Road (13 panel) and my 59 Ambassador International both
have the light blue background "deco" style nameplates. Neither seem to have
been replaced as they are held on with solid rivets. However, I just checked
one of my photos of a trailer I am picking up this weekend which Fred
determined to be a 1950 Cruiser (with a pipe frame believe it or not). The
nameplate on it appears to have a gray background along with the "deco"
style letters. Fred, If you still have the photos I sent you and RJ several
months ago, have a look at #P1010157. There is a close up of the center
taillight with  the nameplate just below. Again it appears to be original as
there are solid rivets. I will be able to give you a better idea of the
original color after I pick it up. Airstreamdreams has reproduced the blue
background version and if there truly is a gray background version existing
I'm sure that would be easy to recreate as well. If anyone is interested in
this photo, email me off list and I would be glad to send it.
Colin Hyde
4 Airstreams and counting......may be in a race with Wayne & Linda?