[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #15

RJ,

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

Q:  Since I have already removed the belly pan would it not make sense
just to pull the body off the frame/floor to sand blast and paint the
frame & then replace the floor?  Are there any draw backs to body removal
vs using plywood spacers?

Q: The existing plywood is in such poor condition in the front and rear I
will not beable to use is as a template for the new floor.  If I remove
the body, would it be best to use the C chanel as my template for the new
floor, or is there a better way?

Q; I am planning to put a new belly pan on.  I would assume I would use
the old pan as a template?  How difficult is it to put on a NEW pan?
Should it be "pre- bent" or .....

Q; What should I put between the frame and the new plywood floor?
Fiberglass? or is there a better material?  I have also read putting
styrofoam under the floor?

Q: I would like to replace one lower outer skin panel of the 1956
Caravaneer (very front lower panel).  What is my best bet?  Can I find a
panel of this aluminum make up?  Would Airstream have anything without
plastic-coat?

Thanks

Kevin & Valerie Chop