[VAL] Outlet problem

Hi, All,

There is probably a totally obvious answer to this question (Gerald, are
you out there?), but I'm a little vague on electricity. My father has
borrowed my Airstream for the week, and he called last night to tell me
that the electrical outlet on the outside of the trailer "fried" his
battery charger. He's plugged into shore power, and all the other outlets,
lights, etc. are functioning fine. I have never used this particular outlet
before. Any thoughts about what's wrong with the outlet, is it dangerous if
not being used, and what measures should I take when the trailer returns?

Thanks,

Amanda
'68 Safari
Sacramento CA